Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Past is Prologue

Past is prologue, so they say. I got in touch with some of my past this week. I joined the Facebook world. One of my "friends" on Facebook warned me by writing on my wall, "be careful, this stuff is addictive." I understand already.

Facebook begins with a profile that you create and then, based on that profile, magically begins connecting you with others whom you may choose to add as friends. I am now connected with Bob in Bountiful, UT, who I always knew as Bobby from Lee University. He now has a beautiful family in Bountiful. I am also connected with Pam in Memphis. I used to be her Pastor at the Piney Grove Church of God in Selmer, Tennessee when she was but a teen and I still remember the day she drove her first car to church.

As I see their faces, my past comes rushing back to the present. Good times, and some not so good, but the not so good ones are harder to remember. A trick, or perhaps a defense mechanism of our psyche. But what I do know is that they are a part of me. These friends with whom Facebook restores connection helped to shape me into who I am, the good times and the not so good. In all of it, and through all of them, God was and is at work to give shape to my life. Thanks, Friends.

Blessings to you all,

Glimmerman

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Thank you for the comment. Tommy said that would be handsome for him. LOL I love this website. I cannot believe that you remember that lets not tell how nervous I was, okay. I cannot wrap my mind around how the girls are now women and have children of their own. I really feel old. LOL